When we last left KP, she was going insane trying to fix both her computer and her iPod. On Monday, I got home from school at 3:00 and until 7:30, I was on the line with various tech support people from both Apple AND Gateway. Turns out I needed an Apple specialist to go into my laptop (or, rather, take me into my laptop) and the inner workings of it. We FINALLY updated iTunes. Yay! Furthermore, iTunes 7 automatically went through my computer and found all the music I had and uploaded it for me. Yay, right?
WROOOOONG. I plugged in my iPod and still nothing. I called Apple again and it was an Indian guy. I thought, "Indian guy, yes! They always git-er-done faster and better than the other tech specialists." (More on my fixation with Indian people later. I just love em. I love em so much I decided to keep one.) So this guy walked me through toggling my iPod and then restarting it and blah blah blah. Then he said what I had been dreading since this whole thing started. "I think it's your computer. You might need to bring it to a Gateway store to get it repaired."
NAAAAAAAO! That was the absolute, no no no, last thing I wanted to do. My laptop just expired its warranty and it would cost me a fortune. Crossing my fingers, I went on Gateway support again and allowed a tech to remote access my computer. He did a few updates and found out my USB ports were outdated (just like, um, EVERYTHING on my laptop--thank you very much, Bridgewater State College and your lame antivirus software) and that's why they weren't responding to my iPod. So he clicked and clacked, and asked me to replug it in. I did, and I held my breath.
Long story short, I'm sitting here at UMass, rocking out to my lovely new 30G iPod. I'm really glad I kept calling tech support people and ignored their attempts to sell me stuff. I still want to buy a Mac though, but the pressure is off to do it now. Which is good, because I have no dough.
SomethingKaty and myself are going to lunch today to celebrate our very own Thanksgiving, as we won't be together on the actual holiday. I blame that on this dream I had, that I went to her house and her husband just did not like me at all. And he wasn't secretive about it. So I'm pretty sure that's why I won't be celebrating Thanksgiving with the Achesons. Because Ryan dream-hates me.
I'm think I'm going Christmas shopping tomorrow, and I have a list, so I will hopefully get a good chunk of it done. Keep in mind, all, that I am a poor graduate student and cannot afford to buy stuff for everyone. (Ignore the fact that I just bought an iPod.) Ho, Ho, Ho!
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment